Thursday, May 20, 2010

I can't wait for the day...

I can't wait for the day I can say "yes Brendon is potty trained!" I am roughly 7 weeks away from having our baby and Brendon has decided that peeing in his pants is okay! I know he can tell when he needs to go! He will not give up on any playing time until it is almost to late. He stops himself from completely peeing threw everything, but gets his underwear wet. I don't have much time to get this under control! Treats and incentives no longer working! How do you get a two year old to want to stop playing and go potty before it is to late!

6 comments:

  1. I don't have any advice, just a good luck! That wasn't the potty training problem I had with Cami. It was so nice to only have one in diapers when Adam was born. Hope it works out for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to call your mother-in-law and ask what she did to potty train her son. He did exactly the same thing. He waited and waited until it was too late because he didn't want to miss any play time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue must have forgot about him doing that! When we first talked about potty training she told me Anthony peed once in his pants and hated it so bad he never did it again! I guess it is a good thing she doesn't remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I knew the answer!!! I'm right there with ya. Potty training has got to be one of the roughest parts of parenting a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Start setting a timer every hour and then if he goes set it for an hour and a half then give him the control and when he hear the timer he knows to try and it helps them get control. All this is, is a power struggle and he is winning. lol But find ways to let him have the control in going and yet it is before the accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be patient. It is not the end of the world, and when he is ready he will do it. PATIENCE MY CHILD

    ReplyDelete