Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Picking!

Fall is here and we are loving it! This a great time of the year! The leaves are changing and the weather is heavenly! Along with fall comes our pumpkin patch tradition! Every year before Halloween we go to a near by pumpkin patch and pick out our pumpkins to carve! This year was a lot of fun with the two kids! Especially because Brendon is old enough to do it all himself!










For family night we decided to carve our pumpkins! I loved carving pumpkins as a child and could not wait to do it with my children! Well things did not go as well as I envisioned! Brendon hated the idea of putting his hand in the pumpkin and pulling out the "yuck"! When I tried showing him how fun it was he would say "no thank you! I do not want to get my hands dirty!" I guess that is my fault for being a clean freak! Despite it all I think our pumpkins turned out great!






5 comments:

  1. So cute & very fun! Those Jack-O-Lanterns look great! We love that pumpkin patch too!
    The weather really has been great & we LOVE the beautiful fall colors! You just don't get those quite the same in AZ. as you do in AR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! And your pumpkins look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! She looks EXACTLY like Brendon! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We're going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow...I don't know if Charlie will quite get what's going on though :)
    I love that Brendon didn't want to get his hands dirty haha. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the phone call. I felt loved when I heard your message. I love the pumpkin patch. Isn't it nice to know that no matter where you live the most important things, like pumpkin patches, remain constant.

    ReplyDelete