Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow, Dragons, and Valentines


This winter in Arkansas has been pretty normal except for the crazy snow storm that left us with  18 inches of snow. I grew up in Utah so I am use to snow, but very few times have I ever dealt with this much snow. Most every shop, restaurant and business were closed.  I think my husband was probably the only person who went into work that day.
The view from our front door.

Arianna playing in the snow.  She loved eating it more than anything else.

Brendon climbing through snow tunnel.






"I can't get up! I can't get up!"


One great thing that came from the snow  was a chance to make snow ice cream. Brendon and I had a lot of fun making it. And even more fun eating it!



I have tried to be more crafty and creative since I had kids. When I saw this cute idea in the family fun magazine. I just had to try it with Brendon. He  recently got into dragons after seeing the movie How To Train Your Dragon. I am very proud of our finished project.



What is the best part about Valentines Day?
Being told you are loved and all the candy that comes in the mail!

Brendon enjoying  his valentine candy.
Arianna loved the Valentine cards. One day she'll appreciate the chocolate. Until then I will do it for her!

3 comments:

  1. My favorites little Arianna stuck like a marshmellow in the snow. :)
    And I love the dragon! Way to go! Great job Brendan! - I mean, Christie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea it snowed like that in Arkansas! Crazy! I'm glad we'll be so close this summer, we'll have to get together FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh glad to be far away from the snow...but not you guys! that dragon is so cute, i love it.

    ReplyDelete